Knowing what resources are out there for you or for a loved one is very important for when a crisis happens, and for planning purposes. Listed here are a few regional organizations that offer information as well as assistance for our community’s seniors.
1) The Aging Resource Center of Milwaukee County: Provide information and assistance to help people 60 years of age and older to remain active, independent and connected to their communities.
Address: 1220 W. Vliet St. Suite 302, Milwaukee, WI 53205
Phone: 414-289-6874 or 866-229-9695, M-F 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
2) Alzheimer’s Association of Southeastern Wisconsin: This chapter serves 11 county regions, where an estimated 50,000 people are affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Not only does this organization have facts and figures about the disease, it also can help families and individual people challenged by Alzheimer’s to locate adult day centers, community based residential facilities, medical professionals who can help diagnose and assess, in-home respite care, and/or skilled nursing facilities.
Address: 620 South 76th Street, Suite 160, Milwaukee, WI 53214
Phone: 800-272-3900, 24/7 helpline, Email: email@example.com
3) Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center: The medical center delivers primary, secondary, and tertiary medical care in 168 acute care operating beds and provides over $500,000 visits annually through an extensive outpatient program. Included on the campus is a 113-bed skilled nursing facility for geriatric programming. The VA medical center also offers a mobile clinic that provides primary care four days a week to veterans.
Address: 5000 West National Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53295
4) Jewish Family Services, Milwaukee: JFS is a leading provider of social services in greater Milwaukee for individuals, families, and children of every age, race, religion, income, or lifestyle. A wide range of programs and services are offered for older adults to empower them to live in comfort and dignity while maintaining independence as long as possible. Care managers are able to develop unique plans tailored to individual situations.
Address: 1300 North Jackson Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
5) Senior Resources: Senior Resources is a Wisconsin-based organization committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information on services available to older adults. One will find comprehensive information on adult day services, aging and disability resource centers, Alzheimer’s assistance, assisted living, benefit specialists, care coordinators, elder abuse, financial and legal assistance, home care information, hospice, insurance information including Medicaid and Medicare, medical equipment suppliers, senior move managers, meal providers, personal emergency response systems, senior centers, senior housing options, skilled nursing facilities, travel and leisure, and veterans services.
Address: PO Box 285, Germantown, WI 53022
For questions or further assistance, the Jewish Home and Care Center, Chai Point Senior Living and Sarah Chudnow Community staff are always here to help. You can call us at 414-276-2627 or visit us at www.jewishseniorliving.org.